Welcome to my ITP Audio Visual Learning Materials' site!

Hi. Welcome to my learning site of Audio Visual Learning Materials-Production and Management at the Catholic University of Leuven(KULeuven) from May 7th to July 4th 2008. This is a very wanderful place where it is good to be. I am Kule Abraham from Uganda working as an Editor in the Center of Distance Learning Studies in Uganda Martyrs University which is 82km west of Kampala, the capital city of Uganda. Uganda Martyrs University, commonly known as UMU is along the equator and is the university of quality in Uganda.

You want to follow what I am doing here in Belgium every day, just keep on line here and there we shall be connected. Remember to interact by sending your comments. O.k lets keep in touch.

A site prepared by Kule Abraham-Uganda

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Initial project idea and further expectations

This was not easy for me. I was confused. Tuesday 13th, May was the time I should have had a relative precise idea atleast. Alas, for me. I looked at my work back at home. In distance education, the printed modules are quite big. Some 200 pages! How do I make that my project in a month? Yet, I am to do it when I get back home in Uganda. I could not make a decision on what to do. I had the English and Science modules with me as a starting point.

My expectations were therefore raised to how I can be helped to make our big modules into AVLM. This is my daily confrontation at my work place. How do I effectively Plan, Design, Develop and Implement the educational software(AVLM) that is supposed to help students study by themselves without a lecturer?. I s there any checklist on how one can decide which medium (audio, video, tutorials, simulations, educational games, World Wide Web ) to use to have maximum learning, retention and make the learning process enjoyable? How do you plan for all this? This is because, I will be confronted with situations where I have to assist the module writer make decisions on when to use the right media. How then do I make the software interactive enough to enhance learning, practice for retention and deeper understanding basing on the different theories of learning?

I hope by the end of the training, I will be good in most of the above.

No comments: