Welcome to my ITP Audio Visual Learning Materials' site!

Hi. Welcome to my learning site of Audio Visual Learning Materials-Production and Management at the Catholic University of Leuven(KULeuven) from May 7th to July 4th 2008. This is a very wanderful place where it is good to be. I am Kule Abraham from Uganda working as an Editor in the Center of Distance Learning Studies in Uganda Martyrs University which is 82km west of Kampala, the capital city of Uganda. Uganda Martyrs University, commonly known as UMU is along the equator and is the university of quality in Uganda.

You want to follow what I am doing here in Belgium every day, just keep on line here and there we shall be connected. Remember to interact by sending your comments. O.k lets keep in touch.

A site prepared by Kule Abraham-Uganda

Thursday, May 22, 2008

MY PROJECT IDEA


After a long time of cognition, monday 19th May was a day to present my project idea to the group of experts in our training using power point. My mind was clear that I cannot take the whole module of 200 pages for my project. Good news. The module has a number of units. I must take a unit as a show case to devolop other units. Yes, now I have what I will do as my project. I remember my lessons of Instruction Design and Development-the features of a very good educational software. We had evaluated one based on the checklist as provide by Trollip and Allessi in their book "Multimedia for Learning" which was our Bible for this course. But I had forgotten the book in Uganda yet it was on my packlist. I had to recall the basic steps in Instructional Design and Development-Planning which involves:needs assessment, blue print, flow chart drawing, story board development; Designing and Devlopment and Implementaion and Evaluation. Then the features to guide the learner. Above all, the user interface to be user friendly.

I thought of using powerpoint and incoporating video. Some one teaching and the words of powerpoint on the other side. Somewhere, the programme to pause a question to a learner and then at the end have a self checking exersise to evalaute if the learner has got the competences s/he is supposed to get. If checked no, the learner to be directed back to read more. If yes, the learner may continue to the next unit or end the programme. I was advised to use flash for the project. Oh my God, what is flash? Will I manage? Time will tell.

No comments: